7/29/2012

My Expectations Are False

I woke up this morning with wondrous vigor: I was going to a missionary farewell.
And if you read my blog at all, you realize I'm completely #missionaryobsessed.
I have no intention of being an MG (missionary girlfriend), I just think missionaries are great!!
As the time approached, I got a little lazy.
I figured "I can make it to Smithfield in 10 min. I'll be fine."
I also expected that I knew where the church was.
The farewell started at 1 and I left my apartment at 12:50.
I drove to the church that supposedly was the one, but to make sure, I checked Facebook.
I found out that, that church wasn't the one & I proceeded to drive ALL OVER Smithfield before I happened upon the correct location.
I walked into the church and I expected to blend-in as much as possible.
I was going to slip into the cultural hall & sit on the back row of chairs.
However, because I was 20 minutes late, I stood outside the chapel until after the sacrament was finished. Then, they didn't have the cultural hall open and there were a lot of people there. 
So, I fished my way through the crowd and ended up finding a friend and sitting by her. 
As the meeting started, I was way stoked.
This kid has a voice like James Earl Jones!
(Not really, but it's a cool comparison)
He started talking about families.
He got emotional when he talked about his dad & the spirit was so strong in my heart, that I knew.
I knew the gospel was true.
I knew that families could be together forever & that's exactly what I want.
I will never settle for less.
Even though the day didn't turn out as I expected, it ended exactly where it was supposed to.
{ Since It's } Sunday

5 comments:

  1. I really love that you used the term 'MG'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the beautiful simplicity of this and previous posts, Beth. :) ;) Thanks for linking up again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a wonderful and beautiful post. I want to hear his voice if it sounds like James Earl Jones! I am your newest follower. I cannot wait to read more of your posts and hope that maybe you can return the favor and follow The Preppy Student. I always comment for every comment left on my page and hope to start a friendly relationship with your wonderful blog! Have a happy Monday:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was beautiful! I love those days where it's like a deep breath and you're just like, "yeah this IS a good idea." :)

    ReplyDelete