9/27/2013

Miracles

I am a firm believer in the power of going to Institute.

Mostly because this is my hardest semester ever and because I've been regularly attending Institute, it seems like everything in my life becomes a MIRACLE.

Last week, I had this project due and I couldn't figure out how to export it to a different format. (I know you have no idea what the means, but just go with it). So I went into my class early so I could figure out how to do it. I was so stressed and worried that I wouldn't be able to figure it out in time, but lo and behold, my teacher helped me and it took less than one minute. I'm telling ya....miracle.

Then my mom came up last weekend for parents' day in my ward and before she came up, I called her to solidify arrangements. And out of the blue, she said "I bought you some laundry detergent." And just the day before I had ran out of laundry detergent. She's a miracle worker, I tell ya.

Then when my mom got here, my mom gave me a tupperware bowl full of FRESH SALSA that my dad had made that day and wanted to give to me. Aww...my dad knows me so well, it's uncanny. I'm tellin' ya, miracle.

Also, it seems like I have time to do all the things I need to do. I just can't believe it.

I've never been a very avid Institute goer. Mostly because my freshman year I had a night Institute class and let's be honest, I wanted to hang out with my friends, not go to Institute.

Then last year I had a morning Institute class and I thought I would totally wake up for it...please. Didn't happen.

This year, I made a promise to myself that I would go, so I put in between two of my classes so I would HAVE to go.

IT WORKED.

And Heavenly Father really is blessing me for it. What a miracle indeed....

6 comments:

  1. I LOVED institute! I miss it lots! And I love that you choose to view these little blessings as miracles. It seems like so many people in the world today view things as coincidences or just brush them off saying "that was nice" but I love that you view them as miracles because they really are just that! I need to remember to notice all the little miracles in my life! Thanks for this great reminder! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was the same way! My first two and a half years I really struggled going. Last year, my roommates convinced me into it and it made a huge difference in my life. Sandwiching it in my schedule had been the most important factor in my attendance. I love noticing all the little miracles too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss Institute! It's so crazy how when you start looking for the Lord's hand in things, you can easily see it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute post! :) I've fallen greatly behind in reading your posts, so I am hear to read and comment :)

    xoxo, Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with this! Institute has blessed my life so much. It seems like a sacrifice when you are juggling work and classes and a social life, but I've noticed that making time for it really has resulted in little miracles ensuring I have enough time to get everything done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure you understand what the word "miracle" means??....

    ReplyDelete