11/15/2013

Why I Want A Mini-Van

In Utah, the mini-van mom gets made fun of.
Mostly because there are SO MANY of them and most of them have the exact same characteristics.

But I was thinking today about what a mini-van means to me.
Mostly because I saw someone driving a really nice mini van today and I coveted it and my womanly hormones took over and suddenly I wanted a child to haul around in that thing. My thoughts escalate quickly.
(And it doesn't help that I got to see Laura's baby bump yesterday so...)

All growing up, my family had a green mini van. My older sister, Rachael and I named it Emily.
(Yes...we named our cars. It was cool.)
I remember when my parents test drove it. They let us come with them and I was so excited. Since then, my family has definitely gone through their fair share of cars, but the fact remains that I love mini vans.

I want a mini-van because it symbolizes road trips. Awful, terrible, beautiful road trips. The kind where you just want to punch your brother in the face the whole 8 hours, but then you get to your destination and you just have a BLAST with your family. 

I want a mini van because to me it means lots of kids. And I just watched the video below and then read an article about a girl who was born without reproduction organs and I just really want kids. Yeah, I'm not at that point in my life where I have the opportunity to have kids, but one day I will be and plus it's fun to think about a little mini you running around. That girl is gonna be awesome.


A New Perspective For Moms from Elevation Church on Vimeo.

I want a mini van because it means being a grown-up. Yeah, most of the time being a grown up kind of sucks. But let's think about it...being grown up is pretty cool. You can literally do whatever the heck you want. You can drive your mini van across the country and visit states with small towns you've never even heard of. You can take your mini van to cities and cafes and hole in the wall restaurants that have the best tacos in town. There are endless opportunities! And you can take as many people as you want with you because you have like five extra seats. #bonus

I want a mini van because it reminds me of my mom. Watching that video also made me think of the kind of person my mom is and how incredible she is. I can only hope to be that kind of mom to my kids someday. And I think with a mini-van I can totally accomplish that.

4 comments:

  1. HEY I WANT A MINIVAN TOO! i've always wanted one! one to take the kids to their various activities, drive around in acting like a mom, you know. also, they're awesome! i mean, dvd players and everything! seat warmers! who wouldn't want one?? i love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I have no hard feelings against mini vans either! We had one for a while growing up but then we became a suburban family. Alex is SO against mini-vans though... Not manly I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more! I feel like a freak for saying that i want a mini van, but the newer ones are so cool. I feel like mini van people except the fact that they have a crazy family while suburban people are trying to hide it. Bring on the crazy family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Sobbed through that video! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete