3/20/2014

The Nice Guys, Dating, and Lots of Random Stuff

The progression of my enthusiasm for dating has slowly dwindled. As a freshmen, I loved all boys. No matter if they were attractive or not. As a sophomore, I slightly dated a boy and that was a huge eye opener. Now as a junior (almost senior), I have gotten incredibly picky. I don't fall for every boy my eyes see anymore. I judge and scrutinize and fester and boil over one boy at a time. 

Which probably isn't much better than loving all boys in sight. *insert eye roll here*

My qualifications for a boy are simple: I just want him to be good. 

I don't want him to send me shirtless snapchats, I want him to talk to me in person and hang out with me. I don't want him to kiss me in public, I want him to understand that affection has an appropriate time and place. I want him to show me the details of what he's passionate about, even if I don't understand it because eventually I'll catch on. I want him to be intelligent. 

Good, amiable boys aren't easily identifiable. They don't match their shoes to their watch. They are humble, quiet and modest. They most likely wear their sneakers with their 80's jeans and say really awkward things. But they're not worried about appearances, they just want to be nice. And I like that. 

The ambrosia of romance is almost sickening. The media has penetrated our minds with filthy fantasies and perceptions: Disney princess movies and romance novels.  That's how we all believe romance should occur because it's in the media, right?!

But that's not at all how it goes. You don't meet that one special person without going through some crap first. Because that's life. 

I'm just so sick of being treated without so much as a second glance. Gosh darn it! I'm a beautiful daughter of God and I DO NOT deserve to be treated as anything less.

And with that, I'm gonna go get my new iPhone. Peace out. 

4 comments:

  1. Testify! Haha. I totally agree with EVERYTHING you said. It's funny what things become important, or, less important, the more you date and widdle down what kind of guy you want to be with.
    That's right, you ARE a beautiful daughter of God and you dont deserve to be over-looked! And someday, the right guy won't:) you deserve the best Elisabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Testify! Haha. I totally agree with EVERYTHING you said. It's funny what things become important, or, less important, the more you date and widdle down what kind of guy you want to be with.
    That's right, you ARE a beautiful daughter of God and you dont deserve to be over-looked! And someday, the right guy won't:) you deserve the best Elisabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are FAB! "I just want him to be good." Isn't that the truth.!? I feel the same! Keep on keepin on. Don't settle! You'll find someone perfect for you someday and it'll all be worth it! :) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this post and your blog is amazing! :)

    ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete