5/18/2016

for marisa

Oh hey there Maris,

I'm kind of the worst friend ever because I really suck at getting you presents. 



So, this is my present because I've always been better at words then I've ever been at gift giving. 

You came out of the temple on Saturday and I don't think I've ever seen you more happy. It made ME happy to see YOU so happy. It really did. I couldn't stop thinking about it all day. 

I know God knew I needed you in my life. We didn't always hit it off, but after that first semester of living together, it just clicked. 

You were there through my terrible Josh phase, through my last year of school, through my over reactions and my foolishness. You've seen me bawl my eyes out and you've made me laugh harder than anyone else. 

We bonded over food and documentaries. We made s'mores and laid in your hammock and talked about books we read. We always seemed to find ourselves at USU gymnastics meets when Amy and Christy were gone. We went to Moab and camped and hiked and ate lunch on top of a rock.

Except, I think what really did me in was our walks. More than anything, I cherish the time we walked and talked. We always seemed to talk about the gospel and how much we loved it. I think that was my favorite...talking about the gospel with you. 

Maris, your example has forever changed my life. I've always wanted to be just like you. Always. You've helped me become a better person. You know about my mistakes and you've loved me through it all. I will forever be grateful to you for that. So here's to new memories! 

I love you to the moon and back and then some. 


No comments:

Post a Comment