1/06/2012

I liKe to bE NicE


Ashley from the Shine Project issued a challenge:

If I could change one thing in the world, what would it be?


The first thing that came to my mind the instant I read that question was:

Be nice.


If everybody was nice, how much change would we see in the world?
I believe we'd see an axis rotation change.
Yeah...it's gonna be THAT big.
My challenge is going to be: ALWAYS be nice.

Be nice when a really cute guy only studies with you to get a good grade.
Be nice when your roommates decide to be psychos & treat you like yesterday's lunch.
Be nice when your parents decide that you're a grown-up & treat you as such, but you don't like it.
Be nice when a stranger in the grocery store yells at you because they're having a bad day.
Be nice when a creep is just a creep.


Some things that I'm going to do to be successful:
--ALWAYS look for a positive characteristic of someone before I start to judge them.
--NEVER give up. Even when people are mean to me. Be nice back.
--TELL the people that mean the most to me that I love them.
--SURROUND myself with quality people...people who love me and have the same standards and values as me.
--LOOK for the little ways to serve others. Losing yourself in others is the surest way to happiness.
--BE confident. I have to like myself before I can be nice to others.

1 comment: