2/12/2012

Introspection



I think about a lot of things in any given day:
how my bangs are too long so they flip out of the side of my head like a dolphin tale,
why my phone isn't feelin' the love like everyone else's,
my Audrey Hepburn fettish,
if my pants are long enough to cover my ankles and don't make me look like an 80's hipster gone wrong.
Ya know.
The usual.
Yet, today I had too many thoughts.
I always strive to be an ethical person.
Make the right choices.
Be a good person.
AND
a lot of times I fall short of my own expectation.
Which is extremely disappointing,
discouraging,
AND
heartbreaking.
My thoughts were so consumed with my own personal problems that I didn't care enough to think about others.
Then suddenly, as I was thinking, I got the thought of all thoughts:
SERVE.
And as I started recognizing others and just being me, I realized that sooo many people love me and notice me. Including my Father in Heaven.
Who cares if I reach my own expectation.
If I reach God's expectation, then that's all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. hi! I found your blog through The Sunday Social linky party and oh my gosh, I could have written this post! I think a lot of time we're far too hard on ourselves but I'd bet that you're doing a whole lot better than you think. And you had the right idea...service is a great way to improve yourself and forget about your problems! :)

    ReplyDelete