5/03/2013

My Sphere of Influence

First of all, shout-out to my cute reader Suzanne for saying hi to me last weekend!
I'm SOOO glad you were brave enough to talk to me, girl! It was so great to meet you! :)
I was so incredibly flattered that she would pick me out of a crowd and say hi to me. And then it got me thinking....
about my sphere of influence.
A lot of times, I don't think people are affected by me. Or notice my blog. Or care about my life.
I don't realize on a day to day basis how, when, or why I'm affecting people.

Then as an answer to prayer, I read the story of Abinadi in Mosiah.
As I was reading I realized that Abinadi had NO IDEA that he was affecting someone.
He was following the spirit of the Lord and he died before he even knew who was listening to him.
But because of Abinadi's obedience, he affected GENERATIONS of people.
I realized that without even realizing it, I'm affecting people.
I'm affecting people when I say hi to them on campus.
I'm affecting people when I take their shift at work.
I'm affecting people when I compliment them.
I'm affecting people by just being me.

That was one of the most humbling realizations I've had in awhile and all because one of my adorable readers say hi to me.

3 comments:

  1. All of that about influence is very true. And important to keep in mind! (Besides, having a blog reader recognize me in real life is a little dream of mine...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! You definitely affect people, we never know how many people are watching us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was nice to meet you Elizabeth. I enjoy reading your blog and seeing your creativity shine through your outfits. Keep on doing what your doing!

    ReplyDelete