6/23/2014

To my Dad, my Papa Bear, and my Main Champ

Thank you. 



Thank you for telling me I'm "beautiful just the way I am" when I complain about my weight.
Thanks for silently protecting me.
For telling me your opinion, even when I don't want to hear it.

Gracias for listening when you can't understand me because I'm crying so hard. 

Merci for giving me the biggest hug when I came home from girl scout camp that first time and I was so homesick I couldn't stand it.

Thanks for telling me I looked stunning in my emerald green dress for Junior Miss.



Grazie for showing me how to look for the good in people. For showing me that life all ends up okay in the end, even if it's really crappy.

Thank you, Dad, for believing in me. For pushing me to get better grades. For taking me out to lunch before I leave to go back to college. For giving me money. For helping me choose books to read and movies to watch. For purchasing an iPhone for me because you know how much I love social media.



Danke for giving me priesthood blessings and for explaining principles of the gospel. Thank you for solving problems and telling me how brains work #psychologyprofessor. 

Thank you for guiding me, protecting me, calming me, teaching me, and most importantly...loving me. 
Loving me even when I screw up. Loving me when I haven't gotten enough sleep...(I still remember the morning when you told me to go back to bed after I had only said one word to you. Whoops...I'm grouchy when I'm tired.)

Thank you for your patience. For showing me how to handle difficult situations with grace and understanding. Even if it means typing a really nasty e-mail to whoever you're mad at, but then deleting it and sending the nicest e-mail you can muster.

Thanks for being the guy that makes our family laugh. It doesn't happen often, but when it does...it makes the entire room explode with laughter.

Thanks for smiling and rolling your eyes at my stupid jokes and silly stories.
I wouldn't be the person I am today without your support and love.
You're the best of the best and the greatest champ around.
I love you, Daddy-o!

No comments:

Post a Comment