3/25/2012

I went to an Indian temple last weekend...

I'm sure there are going to be many blog postings about the Festival of Colors this week.
But I'm going to tell you about it anyway. :)
FIRST:
We parked less than a mile away from the Indian temple.
SAAWEEETTT!!! Walking a short distance is definitely a bonus. This guy was using his field and charging $5 per car. Good business practice right there. Pretty sure he made over $1000 dollars and I was happy to help him. :)
SECOND:
This is what my friends and I looked like before the festival:
AND
this is what I looked like after:
THIRD:
Cutest old lady EVER! She's definitely living life to the fullest. I want to be like her when I grow up.
FOURTH:
Look at my teeth!
HA!
Me & Cortney
FIFTH:
Here's some tips if you ever decide to go:
--If you are claustrophobic, don't go. When everybody does the chalk throwing, all you see if a WALL of dust. The only thing I could see was Cortney. It was kind of frightening to be honest, but then the dust settles and all is well. If you get in the middle of the crowd, people get really intense and start to dance. At one point, I had no control of my body because everybody was just moving myself for me.
--Bring a plastic bag and put all electronic devices in it. People are throwing chalk from the moment you get up to the temple, you definitely want to protect your items.
--You will get chalk thrown at you the whole time you're there. I thought that the only time you would actually get messy was when they did the chalk throwing, however that is totally not the case.
--Bring a bandanna. Chalk gets in your eyes, nose, and mouth. Cover it up with a cute bandanna!
SIXTH:
IT. WAS. AWESOME!!! It's a little satanic, but it was seriously SOOO fun.
AND
it is kind of a big deal.
Apparently, even people in China know about it.
FESTIVAL OF COLORS 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment