6/03/2013

What I've Found

Over the last couple of weeks, I have found that putting the Lord first is what truly makes me happy.



But "putting the Lord first" has always been kind of a hard concept for me to grasp. It was always somewhat foreign to me because I never knew what exactly I needed to do to accomplish it. However, what I've found is that putting the Lord first means having the desire to be a better person and doing the little things. Because by having that desire, you are exercising the Lord's Atonement. 
For me, I couldn't just wake up one day and say "hey! I want to put the Lord first!", my thought process began with "I want to be a better person by studying and pondering my scriptures every single night" 

And once I started studying my scriptures,

I began praying better,

and once I started praying better, 

I wanted to start reading conference talks more,

and once I started reading conference talks, 

I started feeling the Spirit ALL THE TIME,

and now that I feel the Spirit with me at all times and in all things and in all places, 

I can't tell you the difference I have felt in my life.

5 comments:

  1. <3 so glad you've been noticing a difference in your life.
    keep going. you're doing something right. :)
    xoxo
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. This gave me the chills. Since you clearly have a love for the Book of Mormon, I MUST tell you about a life-changing book. It is called "YOur Study of the Book of Mormon made easier" Ummm..the best book EVER. It allows you to STUDY the Book of Mormon & be assisted while doing it, because well, I don't know history very well. It's an easy read & allows you to learn so much more within 1-2 pages than you would in the whole book. Seriously. Amazing. Love you, girl! So happy to hear how spiritually great you are doing.

    we&serendipity

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing what a difference it makes! For me, putting the Lord first is often a pretty literal thing--I have to make sure I do my scripture study before other things that need to get done. When I put my trust in God and have faith that because I made my relationship with Him my first priority for the day that He will help me find the time and the energy for the other stuff I need to do, it is AMAZING the blessings that He showers down on me.

    So glad you are feeling so happy and spiritually strong! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is exactly what I needed to read tonight. I have the desire to be better and I just need to DO it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing, Elisabeth! I just love all your posts. Definitely needed to hear this today!

    ReplyDelete