8/07/2013

I AM SO BLESSED

Yesterday was probably one of the greatest days of my life.
My friend Lindsey & I went to an Alex Goot concert and it was SUCH a blast!
(I was so close, I could basically touch his angelic white piano. It was legit.)

But more important than the concert was what I learned while I was waiting for the concert to start.

To begin, this concert was in a place called The Venue in Salt Lake.
Let me tell ya, it was SKETCH!
Homeless people everywhere and Lindsey and I got asked if we had some cigarettes and if we would drive someone somewhere.
Let's just say......SKETCH CITY.

But as we were walking through Salt Lake, we noticed this huge crowd of people. We looked over and really, it was ALL homeless people. Just chilling by this building.

All of a sudden, I got this overwhelming feeling of gratefulness.
Right as I was about to express this to Lindsey, she leaned over and said "Wow...I just feel so blessed."

Time stopped.
She couldn't have read my mind any better and in that moment, my mind raced with the shower of blessings I have received all throughout my life:

-beyond amazing parents
-a bed to sleep in
-food to eat
-sensational friends
-shoes to wear
-a job
-nail polish
-a shower
-a car 
-insurance
-the gospel

I could keep going!
We are truly, truly blessed and we have absolutely NO idea.
Next time I start getting annoyed and upset because I don't have a boyfriend, I'm going to stop and think about all the blessings I'm SO incredibly lucky to have.

3 comments:

  1. I had one of these moments the other day. After my dad and brother's car accident I just cried and cried and was feeling so blessed for EVERYTHING. In the midst of trials I find the light, and it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to look at the world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Elizabeth. You are a blessing to everyone around you. Example: This blog and how you beautifully express what you think!

    ReplyDelete